Internship Position Available with CARE
Crossroads Animal Rescue, CARE, is the non-profit organization of Crossroads Animal Hospital in Seneca, SC. Our goal is to decrease pet euthanasia rates in Oconee County. We rescue dogs, cats, and horses. We make sure all the pets are up to date on medical care, spay and neuter the dogs and cats, and help them find loving homes.
We are looking for two rescue interns for the upcoming fall semester to join our team. Both will work alongside our current intern. Work commitment would be 5-10 hours per week and would include a combination of work from home, at our rescue location, and at off site events.
The first available position is for an equine internship
. We are preferably looking for someone with riding experience who has worked with natural horsemanship training techniques. Tasks would include, but are not limited to:
- coordinating with volunteers via Google Mail and Google Calendar to schedule volunteers to feed and medicate our horses at our farm daily
- help by feeding our horses and dogs at the farm when no volunteer is available
- hosting orientations for new equine volunteers
- organizing groundwork classes at our farm with our rescue horses
- taking photographs and maintain adoption postings on websites such as Petfinder.com and Equinenow.com for our adoptable horses.
- working alongside our two general interns for semesterly Open Houses, adoption events and Howl-o-ween.
- potential to ride and train our horses, based on the intern's prior knowledge
The second internship available is for a second general intern
. The intern will work alongside our current general intern to market our pets, increase adoptions, and raise money for the rescue. Tasks would include, but are not limited to:
- coordinating with volunteers and advertising volunteer opportunities, such as Adoption Days, Rent-a-Puppies, Open Houses, etc.
- supervising volunteers during events and classes
- teaching weekly puppy training classes
- organizing adoption events and contacting adoption venues
- marketing CARE animals on Facebook, adoption sites and other social media outlets
- working with individual adoptable pets
- transporting pets to and from events
- Both internships begin as volunteer positions for the fall semester, with the potential to continue as a paid employee in the spring, dependent on the intern's performance. If you are interested in the position please email email@example.com with a copy of your resume and a cover letter describing your animal experience, which position you are interested in applying for, and current contact information.
-The CARE Team